Thursday, January 4, 2018

Our phones and driving

   In just a short month I will be getting my drivers license, and because of this I have been driving with my parents or and instructor almost everyday. Because I am just a beginner it has been scary driving at times and its mostly because of all the bad and stupid drivers out there. And what I've noticed is that the reason for their bad driving is because they are all looking at their phones. I'll be at a stoplight and look into the rear view mirror and many times I have seen people starring down at what must be their phone or talking on it. During one of my driving lessons I asked my instructor, who has been doing this job for a few years, if one of her students had ever gotten in an accident. She said that she had three times and every single time it had been the others drivers fault, not her student. She told me that all three times the person had apologized and admitted that they were texting or on their phone when the accident happened. And even more surprisingly it was all middle aged people who should be experienced and responsible drivers by this point. It goes to show that because of our need or want to always be on our phones, it has caused the road to become a more dangerous place.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you the drivers texting is really scary. I'm not sure if it is so terrifying because it has been instilled in my brain because of my parents or what, but it is really scary. I am going to be getting my permit in a couple of months, and I am equally as excited as I am scared. I remember, one of my old friend's mom, she would text while she was driving. She had four kids of her own and she would be texting while driving down the street, and I would anxiously look down at my hands or look out the window and try to convince myself that I did not see anything. I just hope that our generation is better about this.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

    Throughout this unit we have been focusing very closely on a number of things involving Media. And using these blogs has really helped m...