Thursday, January 4, 2018

Super Bowl Commercials

    It seems like with a lot of people now when they hear the word Super Bowl they think of the commercials instead of the football. For commercials the Super Bowl commercials are the most popular. The day after the game instead of people talking about how the game went, they are laughing over the funniest commercials they saw. This shows that because of the way advertisement has taken over our sports, we look forward to the commercials more instead of the actual game. For example when I go to super bowl parties every year I get bored watching the game because I am not the biggest fan of the sport. But during the commercials I am excited to see what funny commercial company's like Coca Cola have come up with this year. And I pay more attention during the commercial breaks than the actual game. And usually you don't bother with commercials and skip through them, but you can notice that during the Super Bowl everybody stays to watch the commercials. This just shows that because advertisement during the super bowl has become such a big deal, they have become more remembered and appreciated then the actual game for a lot of people now.


3 comments:

  1. that's a good point izzy! I used to be a fan of football, when it was a game of strategy and plays to win the game not hail Mary's to make the highlight real. I watch the superbowl usually just for the commercials too. I think one of my all time favorites was the Budweiser puppy love commercial. Basic. I know. But lab puppies are irresistible in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an interesting idea when it comes to advertising in our society. Although we don't want to admit it, we look forward to watching commercials rather than the actual game. Even though I enjoy watching Super Bowl commercials as well, I think it's a strange idea that we want to view these ads. It shows just how impactful these advertisements are in our society becuase of just how widespread they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your ideas of how advertisement affects our society as a whole without us necessarily realizing it. The more we see advertisements in the media and throughout our lives, the more we conform and get used to them. I think something we don't realize as members of society is how because of how frequently we view advertisements makes us want to see them more, and I think your perspective on Super Bowl commercials is a great example. I find myself more excited to see commercials than seeing the Super Bowl as well, but I never understood why until now.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

    Throughout this unit we have been focusing very closely on a number of things involving Media. And using these blogs has really helped m...